Wednesday, January 22, 2014

WTF Wednesday: Bacon Grease Battlefield

Who doesn't love a big ole mess of deliciously crispy bacon? Fresh out of the pan (or oven, or microwave)... bacon aroma in the air... artery clogging grease glistening on each piece. 

Daz heaven... 



Well if you grew up with your momma or grandmomma or really anyone that was willing to fry up some bacon for you in a skillet on the stove... HUG THEM!

That is WAR and you rarely come out unscathed! 



Long ago, I began baking my bacon because it all gets done at once, it cooks evenly, and I don't come out with scars that make people question if I put cigarettes out on my arm. 

But I needed to bake cinnamon rolls and while I lurves me some bacon, I prefer my cinnamon rolls to taste like cinnamony gooey goodness and not bacon. 

So I fried it on the stove. 

And after the first POP I banned Sam from the kitchen. 

After the 13th POP I lost my religion stopped minding my language and muffling my screams. 

After the 19th POP that landed ON MY LIP, I cried a little bit. 

But I'm not a quitter dammit so I saw the battle through! 



And I came out with several 2nd degree burns and a legitimate fear of the stove. I had to pop a crazy pill and I'm now seeking therapy for PTSD. 

But mmmm dat bacon was DELICIOUS!!!! 

All that being said, WTF is up with the bacon grease battlefield?!? 

Is it natures way of trying get keep us from having a heart attack? 




























Is it a life lesson of it is about the process and not the destination? Because I have to say, it is all about the destination. The process sucks!

Wouldn't it be nice if this diagram were actually true? (You know you've thought it)



Speaking of things that make you feel like a better human being... have you read about my bone marrow drive? It is so easy to register as a donor and you could save another person's life and give their family hope again. You know how good it feels when you are craving bacon and you finally get it. Its like that but like, WAY BETTER! And you could win stuff... 

Get your good person win on here. 



3 comments:

  1. hahahah I hardly EVER fry it on the stove. Get you a George Foreman grill!! It is LIFE CHANGING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

  2. But I needed to bake cinnamon rolls and while I lurves me some bacon, I prefer my cinnamon rolls to taste like cinnamony gooey goodness and not bacon. www.battlefield4forums.com

    ReplyDelete