Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas Day

I really want to do a New Years Resolution update from last year and post my new list for this year but I can't get updated on blogging to get there! We have all the drama going on right now and each day brings new surprises! This is making my ultimate planner self (with many back up plans) a little lotta bit crazy and popping crazy pills like they are Pez candies in a breakable neck dispenser. 



Anyway... 

Our Christmas was wonderful in our house as it always is. We make it a point to not go overboard on anyone, especially Sam. He typically gets three presents from us (just like Jesus did) and Justin and I typically take it easy on each other and get one thing that is nice (and to us that means around $100 or less) and then something fun. 

Also, in our house, parents get credit for the good shit. :-) 

Sorry, Santa. You can fill the stockings and that is it. And Sam is on to you anyway so your breaking and entering days are numbered in our house. 

On to the loot! 


This was Sam's stocking. He got Ninja Turtle socks, jelly beans that he promptly declared were gross, a train whistle (slide whistle), and some blocks with strings to work on his fine motor skills. And a yo-yo. 

Please excuse the laundry in the background. I was also working on packing for a trip to Memphis. And I hate putting up laundry. Here he is opening some remote control bumper cars where the one that receives the most impact, the driver gets ejected. It's pretty rad. 

Ok, this thing seems wicked cool but we need helium to confirm. It is a remote controlled inflatable angry bird. As in the DAMN BIRD FLIPPING FLIES!!!! This had better not be a let down. 

This was his look of amusement when he got his very own train track set. It isn't electronic but it is pretty cool. They sell expansion packs for it (hint family for his birthday :-)

He also got Hungry Hungry Hippos. This is because Momma and Daddy didn't communicate well for Christmas so he got a few extra gifts. He loves this game now. But if he doesn't win, you are in fact, a cheater. 

Here he is opening "Planes" which he claimed was his favorite movie. That is until we bought him Despicable Me 2 the other day and he hasn't stopped saying, "Can we watch the minion movie?" since then. We have watched it no less than 20 times in the last week. 

Other than my extremely sexy  morning face, this is also the face of me opening MY VERY OWN LAPTOP!
I don't mean to make a big deal of it or anything, but I'm totally blogging from it RIGHT FREAKING NOW. I was in disbelief. I have a well documented history of "breaking techno shit." No lies, my mere presence in the room can crash a hard drive (and has once before, unless you count the one million times I have hit the power button to turn the computer on and also crashed a hard drive. I can count 4 off the top of my head). Yay me being trusted with technology! 

Somehow my husband lost his coat. And as his only one left is a GIANT Green Bay Packers coat, I thought it was time to get him one he would like and look fashionable in. He loved it. But it turned into "fat guy in a little coat" so he had to return it and ended up with a  blue one. Boo hiss. 

He is very excited here because he has wanted a "3D LED Mag-Lite" forever. I am very excited about this picture because he will now shut up about wanting one. :-) 

This is my favorite gift he got this year. It is a "daddy and me" book. It has questions on each page and it records the son's answers. I die of its cuteness. It is so stinking sweet. 

We have had two Christmases since then and we have two more to go. The loot from Memphis Christmas for Sam was approximately 3 remote control trucks/cars and more police stuff. My sister bought him some wicked awesome light up police shoes (that look like an actual police car lighting up, I kid you not). 



He was jolly rotten about them. And even though they are a bit big, he DEMANDS he wear them at all times so everyone knows he is a police officer. 

He also got a Duck Dynasty kit that has left him roaming the house singing, "Ducky Dynasty! Ducky Dynasty!" I'm channeling all my efforts to get him to at least sing "Sharp Dressed Man." Accuracy is important here. 

He also got a LOUD light up sword because I've clearly angered my mother in some way. He also got himself a sweet robe that makes him look a bit too Hugh Hefner for my taste but it is adorable at the same time (and really, isn't the Hef?). 

He also got some clothes, his favorite of which is a Superman hoodie from our aunt/uncle in Colorado. He thought he had to wear that today paired with his shoes because, "no one messes wif police officer supaman!"

Christmas has been good to us so far! How was yours? 



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had a child-filled Christmas, which is great because we all know "Christmas is for children. "

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of doing a post on Santa getting all the credit...I'm over it!

    ReplyDelete