Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 3: First Day of Chemo and Rikki Lost Her Shit

Anyone surprised? I mean, really? 

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but the first time Justin and Pat were headed to St. Louis for consultation on the clinical trial she is doing, they got halfway here and were told to turn around and go home because they hadn't heard if the insurance was going to cover the appointment. So they turned around and drove three hours back. 

Good times. No one was pissed. No one lost their shit then. 

That's not true. Lots of people got earfuls at that time. But I wasn't one of the ones yelling because it wasn't any of my business. They were handling it and I resumed my rightful place as quiet daughter in law. 

Well daughter in law got to play today. 

I'm not fantastic at basketball... I can guarantee you I'll say something stupid at the worst possible time... and physics makes my eyes close (direct quote of mine from college), but I can give a verbal bitch slap like a PRO! 

A damned PRO! 




For those with sensitive eyes, I'll use the word "puppy" for a word I'd rather say. Use your imagination. 

We were supposed to be in chemo at 1 pm today.  By 12 pm, we still hadn't heard from the nurses saying the trial was approved. 

Time for Momma to intervene. 

The timeline goes as this: 

12:15 pm: Left voicemail with insurance lady that flatly explained that processing this paperwork could literally mean life or death and I would appreciate a call back telling us if we have wasted another 6 hour trip or if we were going to actively try to save her life. 

1:30 pm: Insurance lady calls Pat and lets her know she didn't appreciate my voicemail but had I not left it she wouldn't have known we were even in St. Louis. After some investigation she realizes someone faxed her the paperwork last night. 

(If she didn't like the first one, she surely wasn't going to like to subsequent one that was going to detail to her if she didn't get her puppy hand out of the puppy powdered donut bag long enough to process some mother puppy paperwork, her arteries will clog and she will die right along with the woman she killed by delaying treatment by being a lazy indignant  wretch of a person. And I hope the last thing she sees is that unfinished paperwork. 

To be fair, I don't know if she eats those powdered donuts or not, but if she claims to not like them, she's of the devil for sure.)

3:10 pm: Nurse calls from hospital to say we have a bed at 3:30 pm for chemo. The insurance approved. 

You are mother-puppy right they did! #bitchesgetstuffdone

Don't forget to go to this link and participate in the Delete Blood Cancer Giveaway! And check out the super awesome bloggers helping me out! 

http://www.mommasgotadudesname.com/2014/01/help-save-sams-grandma-become-bone.html

3 comments: