Saturday, November 24, 2012

Day 24: Tickets to the Gun Show

I like to square my son up against other adults to say silly things like, "I'll give you a knuckle-sammich!" or "I'll thump your gourd!" or "I'll clock you in the snot box!" things of that nature.

Last night we were eating with Justin's aunt and uncle and I tried to teach Sam to say, "did you buy the tickets?" to which his aunt said, "what tickets?"

Sam was supposed to make a muscle on his arm and say, "to the gun show!"

He didn't.

He did keep asking me if he could have a gun. And I kept explaining that there weren't any guns.

For the rest of the night and this morning that child has come up to me and this is our conversation:

Sam: can I play with guns?
Me: Sam we don't have any guns here.
Sam: but aunt Donna said we had to get the tickets.
Me: that was to the gun show. Your arm muscles are your guns.
Sam: no. I dont like those. I want guns.
Me: sorry. Those are the only guns we have here.
Sam: But I got the tickets!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I mean, he *does* have the tickets...

    -Leah

    ReplyDelete