Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 16: kid songs

I'm really only thinking of two.

5 little monkeys swinging in the tree (which I will refer to as the monkey song from here on out) and hush little baby.

The story:

When Sam was a baby, it seemed like the only song that would make him feel better or at least calm the crap down was Hush Little Baby.

It was so sweet. He would stop crying long enough for me to sing that song, then start right back after I finished. It was simple really. Sing that song constantly and he was happy.

It got to a point that he would grin a goofy grin every time I started the song. This was from about 6 months old to at least 18 months. It was so precious.

I was away at a conference one time when he was a little over one and I sung it over Skype and he even grinned real big then.

And even now when I sing it, it calms him down. This shouldnt be a problem in high school, right?

The monkey song has a pretty cool story too. Susan started singing it to him and he would be mesmerized. Like the world stopped turning while she sang this song.

For those who don't know, the lyrics are:

5 little monkeys
Swinging in a tree
Teasing mr. Alligator,
"you can't catch me! You can't catch me!"
Along came mr. Alligator,
Quiet as can be...
And SNATCHED that monkey right out of the tree.

Now Sam sings it with me and his face when we are teasing mr. Alligator is the funniest thing ever. So adorable.

I tried documenting it but for some reason he will only do it when naked and I shouldn't share that with the interwebs.

No comments:

Post a Comment