Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thrifty Thursday

You know what is difficult to do the day after you go on a rant about selfies? 

Ask someone else to take your picture so you can do your Thrifty Thursday post... 

Hypocrite gone wrong :O :P

Anyway... without further adeiu... 

Thrifty Thursday! 


I went with the Hubby Jack "grab the elbow and look away" pose this time. I just wish I had a fence! And I wish I had a cleaner office. 


Today's outfit actually kind of cracks me up because while none of what I'm wearing was purchased in a thrift shop, I literally spent $10 on the whole thing. 

How you ask? 

The green top was purchased at JC Penney with a Christmas gift card (that I coupled with a coupon and super awesome sale... but still cost me none of my own money which is rad). 

The cardigan was purchased on clearance at Kohl's one million years ago with a gift card/coupon as well. 

The pants were also purchased at Kohl's with a Christmas gift card coupled with a major sale. 

The boots were purchased online at Target and were also on clearance for $7. 

Did you hear that?! $7 boots! This is why when people tell me they got a good deal on their boots for $75 I immediately check them for a fever or drugs... b/c they must not be feeling well to feel like that is a deal. 

The pearls were $3 at Walmart to replace the family heirloom pearls that my son broke and I haven't made time to go get fixed. And then last weekend I broke these $3 ones. 

What did I do? Had my husband rig it to wear they still worked without having to splurge on an additional $3. May seem like overkill to some, but could you tell they were broken? 


Yes I'm that cheap. But if it can be fixed, why spend money on something new? 

More Redneck Engineering


Okay I'm not that bad. But still, you get me? 


Seems like wasted money to me and that makes me uncomfortable and awkward. 

If this would happen, I would pay plenty for crab.

This is me on a date. I don't care if you tell me to order whatever I want, paying that much for food that doesn't make me younger, thinner, and funnier isn't worth it. 


This is more my style... 

Cheap Candy Day - Meme Center

And you better believe my honey buns are in the Walgreens on the 15th racking up on the good candy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment