Friday, November 8, 2013

Oozy Sweetness and the Honeybee Tree

Let it be known this is the third time I've written this DAMNED post. Blogging on the phone SUCKS BALLS and is out to RUIN MY LIFE. Comment and compliment me like your life depends on it for this one because I NEEDS IT! (And coffee, Diet Dr. Pepper, dark chocolate with peanut butter, and a happy pill... and a beer... This is classy.)


I've been away from my son for three days now. While I was away, he got croup and had to go on steroids. I hate being away from him when he is sick and I tell myself he doesn't care for it much either. Thank the Lord above for grandmas and Susans because they took such good care of him in my absence.

I saw this cute little toy store on the strip in Hot Springs so clearly I had to buy him an, "I'm sorry mommy was away while you were sick" present. It was that or a pony and I thought it might look weird bringing a pony home in the back of my Honda Civic. 

Justin has wanted to get Sam the game Kerplunk for a long time but it is a hard game to find! Like we could have ordered in on Amazon I guess but they couldn't have that stuff at Toys R Us?





But no worries because I found a much cuter version!



It is just like Kerplunk but the marbles are BEES and the container is a BEEHIVE and it has BRANCHES instead of just boring sticks... 

AMAZE-BALLS

Sam thought this was the best thing ever. Momma has mad gift purchasing skills. 

He couldn't wait to play! 

And of course this is the time I decide to get a BITCHIN' foot cramp. 

Now before you go off calling me a sissy or getting your judgmental face on, just know this is an ongoing issue for me. 

Sometimes I get foot cramps and I can simply stretch my foot really fast and it will release... no harm done. 

And then there are times where my muscles decide that bones are the enemy and must be crushed by brute force... like I have bruised from foot cramps before. No joke. 

This was one of those times. 

So as I hand Sam his game, down I go! I hobbled to a chair to sit down and stretch it out. 

It felt like there was one very angry muscle that began at the bottom of my foot, stretched to the side of my foot, and then stretched up the back of my leg to the back of my knee. And it was torturing me for state secrets. Which I would have happily handed over had I knew what they were! 

I did everything I could to get a hold of it and try not to bother Sam and Justin as they were setting up the game but it just kept getting worse and I finally just broke down bawling. 

In about two seconds suddenly I felt these tiny little hands around my neck. He was patting my hair and saying, "Mommy don't cry. Its okay." 

He just stood there with his arms around me while I cried. 

This kid could grow up and be a bum on the street, but as long as he loves people like he does now, I don't think I could ever not be proud of that kid. He is so good at just being a sweetheart and loving people when they need it. 

He asked me, "Momma, do you feel better now?" 

I lied and said yes because while I was pretty sure we were going to have to amputate, my heart sure felt better. 

Meanwhile I'm burning dinner and Justin took the bullet for me and finished dinner because I couldn't stand up at this point. There shall be no pressure on the foot while it is revolting. It angers it. 


I ended up kneeling down and doing some random massage/squeezing on my foot and calf but I couldn't let go or it would cramp up again (I have stopped crying at this point though in case you were concerned). Sam needed a bag of bees opened and he asked me to do it. I said, "Baby Momma can't let go of her foot right now. Wait on Daddy to get done and he'll do it for you."

He says, "Mommy I could hold your foot while you open it. I hold your foot good."

And bless his heart, he did. He grabbed my foot and held it as tight as he could. All of his concentration went to this task. 

When I was done I said he could let go, and he said, "Momma you  need to rest. I can hold it." 

Melt. My. Heart.

He is so good to me. He may be a shit-starting mind Nazi most of the time, but damnit, I've done something right with him.


He didn't like the idea of a picture so he hid instead. Yes those are grandma fuzzy socks. Feet cramp worse when they are cold so I hobbled in the bedroom and got my geriatric on! 

After Justin finished dinner and everyone ate, we played the game. And it was super fun. I couldn't get Sam to understand that he didn't want the most bees, he wanted the FEWEST bees. 

Once he figured that out, he decided he would share his bees with Mommy and Daddy because it was "nice" and "the right thing to do." -- direct quotes from Sam as he is putting bees into our bins. Stinker. 





Yup. That's my face. Clearly we are disarming nuclear bombs and not pulling sticks out of a fake beehive. 

Tonight Justin has to work late so Sam and I have big plans of eating Chick-fil-a and watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

You should be jealous of me. If I were you, I would be. :-)




2 comments:

  1. My nephews and I used to play this game all the time! The only thing is that it's a pain in the ass to get all the leaves put in, but once you do it's so much fun. ps I've been getting mad leg cramps lately too and I wake up in the middle of the night with them and make Bradley massage Icy Hot on me and our bed smells like a nursing home.

    Sorry I'm not sorry for creeping all over your shit tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seriously have the most adorable child on the planet!

    ReplyDelete