Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thrifty Thursday: Sodie Pop Refills!



It would appear I'm the only person in the world with this problem. 

I have noticed lately that when I am out at a restaurant, I seem to be the only one in my party that gets a refill on the way out. 

Am I the only one? 

Maybe I can't moderate my sodie pop intake and that is the trouble. 

But when I leave a restaurant that has just charged me $2 for a sodie that cost them all of 20 cents... I'M LEAVING WITH A REFILL! 



If I get back to the house or the office and want another, I get to pay another $1 - $1.50 for another one. 

WHY WOULD I DO THAT? 


It isn't like we are shipping nutritious sodie pops to the starving kids overseas... WHY NOT GET THE REFILL? 


Some people say they want to drink more water... 

But even those fools aren't getting a water to go!

Why are we you passing on this? 

And those of you who buy the gallon bucket of soda and popcorn at the movie theaters and then LEAVE WITHOUT GETTING THE REFILL... 



MIND. BLOWN.


 

It should be ever so evident now that I love to squeeze a penny and honestly, for me, this comes down to convenience AND getting the most for my money. 

I just feel like I'm leaving money on the table if I don't get the refill. 




What are your feelings on this? Are you with me or think I should be on Extreme Cheapskates? 

 

5 comments:

  1. haha, this post seriously made me LOL. I TOTALLY agree about the refills..and it blows my mind that most places actually charge you for them. But people always take advantage of a good thing. They were just talking about this with the refill cups at Disney World. They actually only allow you so many refills now because people were taking BUCKETS to the soda fountains to get soda to carry around at the parks. When you are a big box company I guess every penny counts and we end up paying for the people with buckets. Annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I always refill and if I'm having lunch at a table-service restaurant and actually paid to order a tea, I get one to go! And please tell me that you guys use the gallon baggie at the movie trick - we buy a large popcorn, immediately dump it into two gallon baggies, then go get our refill. It's way too expensive not to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do it all the time and thank you for calling it POP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!! F yea im getting a refill to go of anything and everything I can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally with you. Even if I don't want the refill I get it and I enjoy the watered down satisfaction that is the eww gross face two hours later thank ya very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha. I haven't been anywhere in a while to get the free refill but I totally would given the chance! Damn the man!

    ReplyDelete