Saturday, December 14, 2013

Charm at the Choo Choo Train Place

There is this place in Little Rock called "All Aboard" where you order your food and a train brings it to your table. It is a HUGE hit with kids, especially Sam.

When I found out tonight would be a Sam and Momma date night, I knew I wanted to take him there. Except Sam calls it the "Choo choo train place," and now every adult in his life refers to it as such.

Even if Sam is no where around...

And even if I am referring to this place to my boss...

#mommylanguageforthewin

#adultsshouldntsaychoochootootheradults

#pointlesshashstaginablog

Sam had stayed at Susan's for two nights in a row. In the midst of that, I got glasses. Read about that here.

Here is his reaction to my glasses:



Yes, you heard right. My son doesn't want me to look SO SILLY at his birthday party in my glasses and have people laugh at me.

I'm already embarrassing my child.

This seems like an opportunity to show up with my hair in rollers donning a moo moo... no glasses.



We'll see how he likes my glasses then!

Anyway, we always tell what our best and worst was of the day when we eat dinner. Sam was very positive about his and didn't have a worst. So I rephrased the question to, "What was your best and worst about staying at Susan's for two whole nights?"

This was his answer:



His worst was not getting to stay there another night. Apparently he came home out of guilt.

Recap: I embarrass my 3 year old by wearing glasses and he only comes home to visit out of guilt.

My confidence is through the roof, guys!

Later as we are eating, this girl that works at the restaurant kept walking by the table. Every time she did, Sam would put his hands up and say, "Tickle tickle."

She never saw it but I knew what this meant. He want to do his high five trick for her.



Give me a five. On the side. Break the pickle. Tickle tickle.

He did it to two of their staff members by the end of the night. He is normally very shy.

He also ran up to the cooks to ask where his food was at when his hadn't shown up at the table. Turns out they really did make a mistake and he got his choice of a cookie or a brownie.

Yay us! He can't eat either of those due to the milk.

So they gave him a choo choo train sucker instead.

And he ate his entire meal holding on to this sucker.


He ate most of the sucker on the way home. Clearly it was too much to handle because he ended up doing this for about 20 minutes.



It was great fun and exhausting but I was so pleased with our date.

And man did I ever sleep good that night!




No comments:

Post a Comment