Friday, February 8, 2013

Chronicles of the Stomach Bug 2013

Only a mother could see a potential blog post from a stomach bug.

Sam came down with the stomach bug today. This was no surprise to me as two kids at daycare came down with it this morning.

Isn't it nice when kids share?

When I got home, Sam seemed to be in good spirits. I immediately got him a puke bowl and commenced cuddle time.

We ended up lying on the couch watching cartoons when the dreaded heaving started again. And we barely missed our puke bowl opportunity...

So as I sit there comforting my son while sitting in a pile of his vomit, I called for Justin to bring me some new pants.

When Sam was done, I got him cleaned up, then proceeded to change pants. About the time the pants came down, Sam scooted behind me and loudly exclaimed, "BOOTY! Booty booty booty!"

He is sweet.

He then asked for a chocolate cookie , drink of Gatorade, and then RAWRED at me like a dinosaur (which sounds a lot like the beginning of another puking episode so I lunged for the bowl, only to hear Sam say, "no mommy. Dat was jus a hiccup!")

I'm sure I'll have more to chronicle after this long night, I just had to get that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment