Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Update from the Turners

It has been a while since I updated and that is for good reason. Things are crazy busy at work, I've been traveling for work, and we are in the process of buying a house. Lots to do!

Oh yeah, and Sam started walking. That was pretty great! I was convinced the kid was going to wait until I started my week long adventure away from home but he started walking about 3 days before I left. But when I left, he was just okay at it. Now? Lordy! He still falls but its only when he gets excited. I left town with a baby and came back to a toddler! And I'm convinced he grew an inch while I was gone too. That sounds like I'm exaggerating but the kid could walk underneath our desk when I left and when I got back it was hitting him in the forehead when he tried!

So... work: It is so close to official that it hurts but I will be moving to an Assistant Director for Residence Life position at UALR effective July 1. I AM SO EXCITED! Seriously, it is ridiculous how excited I am. But I currently work at a small department and that means, if I want the promotion, I get to start working on it long before the pay increase takes place. This is totally fine with me (hello job security!) and this job is everything I love about my current job and more.

Oh... and I get to move OUT and into MY OWN HOUSE! Not that I don't love my current situation but I want so badly for Sam to have a yard and space to play inside as well. We close on this lovely house on March 15. Say a prayer for me! This house is down the road (just the right distance away) from Sam's grandma and papa. It is also down the road from a park. Wonderful neighborhood and right down the road from the softball fields (this is excitement for momma more than anyone).

And let me take a minute to tell you of the sweet wonders that are Sam. Seriously, this could be the sweetest kid ever. When he is ready for bed, it becomes apparent just because of how much he slows down. So I say, "Night night Sam?" and he'll say, "Nih nih". So I get him ready for bed, brush his teeth, and read him a book. Then I say, "Tell daddy night night." And most of the time he says, "Nih nih," waves, and tries to give Daddy a kiss. Then we go into his room and stand by his crib to pray. Before we pray he lays his head down on my shoulder. When I'm done praying, I say, "Amen." and most of the time he says, "min." Then he lays down in his crib, I cover him up, and say night night. And he doesn't fuss at all. Just goes to sleep.

How. Freaking. Precious!

Melt my heart Mr. Turner. Melt my heart.

And a video I may or may not have shared...

1 comment: