Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thrifty Thursday: Booze, Food, and Shopping for Under $30



That's right. 


If you read my last post, you know this has been a bad week. I haven't shared everything with you all out of respect for my family, but it has basically been all bad here lately. 

Because the lady that watches Sam is an angel with wings spun from unicorn hair, she typically keeps Sam on Wednesday nights. 



Yes, she either loves me, Sam, or both of us so much that she keeps my child overnight once a week so we can have a night off and so she can have time with Sam. No need to tell me how lucky I am. I fully understand. 

 So last night, Justin wasn't feeling well and Gena wanted to go drink... so we did! 

And this, my friends, is how you have a night out on the town for under $30. 

Santo Coyote has $2 margaritas on Wednesday nights. 

YES! 

They also have the best queso in the tri-state area. 

EVEN YESSER! 

We had a large queso, split some fajitas, and had two margaritas each. $13 total. 

That is how you do it. 



We also got mega hit on my the super awkward waiter. He was nice, don't get me wrong, but lacked game. 

At the end when he was handing me back my credit card, he says, "So are you married?"

Me: "Yes."

Him: "I thought so. I mean I saw you ring but I didn't think that was your name." 

I love this part in the conversation (any conversation having to do with my name). Why do people find it so absurd that my name is Rikki? 

I mean, it is a dude's name. I get that. Lawd knows I do. But to go so far as to say that is my  husband's credit card?! Cheeza-louisa. 

I said, "Well I am married but this is really my name."

Him: "Your name is Rikki? Like your real name?"

Me: "Yes. And it is conversations like this why I tell strangers it is Betty." 

You can't mess up "Betty." Really, you can't. 

So he left after cutting his tip in half and Gena and I decided it was time to visit our mecca... GOODWILL! 



45 minutes and $15 later, I had a new pair of red heels, a long sleeve dress shirt, a red sport jacket, and a "very Rikki" polka dot blouse. 

Bitches get stuff done. On the cheap. 



5 comments:

  1. Is it weird that I get all giddy when I SAVE money? The husband has no concept of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great night and where does one find a babysitter with wings spun from unicorn hair? I would like to find one please....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive!

    And I'm so sorry for the tough time... I've been thinking of you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound like my kinda girl I love the thrift store "I got 20$ in my pocket" hahaha!
    And margaritas DUH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY EFFIN' SHIT RIKKI. I mean wait, you get a night off from your kid....your ONE kid once a week? The hate bomb just exploded.

    ReplyDelete