Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday Memoirs

button





You guys! It's been too long! 

Between the dreaded cancer drama and the fact that it is conference season at work, I haven't been on the bloggy scene in quite some time. And I've missed it! 

Then I get on today, and Royal has started this awesome link-up called Monday Memoirs and I thought, "I have to join in on this action." 

TWSS

So I've decided to tell you all the story behind this picture. 

Photo: I have issues

Yup. That's me. In a Texas Highway Patrol car. 

So here is the story because I know you have all the questions... 

We were driving down the blessed Texas interstate at 78 mph (the speed limit is 75) and I pass this lovely car on the side of the road. I got over in the right lane and looked in my rear view mirror to find him pulling onto the interstate. 

I can't believe he is going to pull me over for 3 above the speed limit! This is just GREAT!

So I slow it down to 75 mph and prepare to pull over. He gets in the left lane and speeds up. 

Glory to fluffy unicorn glittery land, he is going around me! 


As he passes me and gets dead even with my car, he suddenly slows down. 

Aw hells no. 

He then gets right behind me. And you guessed it... lights on. 

Well shitty shitty damn damn. 

I go on and pull over, wondering what could possibly be in store for me. 

I roll down the passenger side window, and here comes Texas Ted, complete with cowboy hat. 

"HOWDY! Ma'am I pulled you over because that left lane there is for passing only. Now don't worry, you aren't gettin' a ticket or nothin'. I just need to get you are warnin'." 

Me: "Oh, was I in the passing lane? I didn't even notice."

"Yes ma'am. Do you have your license and registration?" 

Me: (hands it to him)

"Alright ma'am. You can just come back here and I'll get you your warning." 



Say what?!


Did you just ask me to get out of my car and come back to your car to get my warning? 

Do you guys not deliver that shit anymore? 

The road is dangerous enough for you to talk to me through the passenger side window, but you want me to open my driver's side door into traffic, get out, and walk back to your car? 



Texas Ted got in his car and starting putting information in the system while Cowboy Curt vacated the passenger side seat so I could sit down. That's when Tracy jumped out and started snapping pictures. 

That's when Texas Ted started asking more questions: 

"Ma'am have you ever been in trouble with the law before?"

Me: Just that one time in Russia but they said that wouldn't follow me over here. 

"Where ya'll headin'?"

Me: "Fort Worth for a conference."

"And what type a conference is that?" 

Me: "We work in student housing on a university campus so it's our annual conference for those like us in Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas."

"Huh. Welp, here's your warning ma'am." 

And I got out of the car, thanked them for their time, and went along my merry way. Ever so cautious to not be in the passing lane except for passing only. 

So, why do you think he actually pulled me over? Because no one was behind me... nay, I was the only person on the road.



4 comments:

  1. Ugh! I hate that rule! For some reason I ALWAYS find myself cruising along in the left lane. It just feels right! I've been pulled over for it too...but my trooper was a real jerk saying that people riding in the left lane is a pet peeve of his. Get over it dude..it's not the end of the world. Seriously though...I've NEVER heard of any cop telling you to come to his car to get your ticket/warning. Most freak the heck out if you try to get out of the car for any reason.
    Do you guys not deliver that shit anymore? lolololol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait. I am so damn lost. Texas is a mess. In NC you can drive in the left lane or the right lane on the freeway. You don't have to stick to one and only use the other for passing. Ok I'm never leaving the side of the South or I'll be in traffic jail. Great pic though. I missed you missy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Do you guys not deliver that shit anymore?" <-- Oh, this made me laugh so hard!
    He was totally checking you out. For reals. He wanted the front and back view for his spank bank.
    Thanks for joining me on the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. My. GAWD you did not just say SPANK BANK! Excuse me while I throw up in my mouf...

      Delete