Monday, May 27, 2013

200th Post! Conversations with Sam

I posted on Twitter (@rikkidale) a few minutes ago how my life is one big SNL skit. 

I stand by that comment. But my conversation with Sam over the last 30 minutes or so demonstrates this much better than I ever could. Except he is 3 years old, can't stay focused on one subject for any amount of time, and is both funny and extremely sweet at the same time. Again, he is a Sour Patch Kid

Preface: We have been talking all weekend about going swimming at Grandma and Papa's house on Monday. Today is the day. 

S: Momma, can we go swimming today? 

M: Yes baby. But you have to eat your breakfast first. 

S: (gets up and comes and gets in my face) You don't have to drink mime-a-rinas (limearitas) if you don't want to.

M: Honey, leave the drinking to me. Eat your breakfast. 

S: Can we take this swimming with us?! (Holds up the big pink

M: Good grief no. 

S: Can I take my socks off? 

M: Sure. 

S: (takes socks off) Mommy, where is Jesus? 

M: Well, sweetheart. He stays in heaven but he is also always with you. 

S: No. The Jesus in the picture. At church. 

M: That's the same Jesus. 

S: What does he drive? (meanwhile gets socks off) Hey! He made my boo boo better!

M: That's great Sam! 

S: Momma, I think my rubber go fasties (read: Nikes) made it better. 

M: Well that helped. But Jesus is our healer so he had a great lot to do with it. 

S: YOU DIDN'T TELL ME WHAT HE DRIVE!

M: Sorry honey. Jesus doesn't have to drive. He just shows up.

S: To kick the monsters!?!?!

M: He doesn't have to kick the monsters. If the monsters are bad, they flee when Jesus shows up.

S: He doesn't kick them? 

M: Nope. Doesn't have too. 

S: Does he punch them? Like dis? (Demonstrates... kung fu? Maybe? There was a "hi-ya!" involved)

M: (laughing) No baby. Not like that. You see, the monsters are dark and evil and Jesus is light and wonderful. When light shows up, darkness flees. So the monsters run away when Jesus shows up. 

S: Will my rubber go fasties make me swim faster too?!

M: No. But they'll make you sink faster. I'd just swim barefoot if I were you. No need to worry about it if you DON"T EAT YOUR DANG BREAKFAST!

S: Does Jesus get presents at Christmas?

(are you starting to see why I want to drink at 7 am?)


M: He did. Do you know Christmas is Jesus' birthday?

S: (with disbelief in his voice) We don't have cake on Christmas. 


M: I know. But it is still Jesus' birthday. He got three presents on his birthday. 

S: But he needs cake on his birthday. What does he eat on his birthday? 

M: Bread and wine. No cake. 

S: I bet that makes him sad. 

M: Sam. Eat your breakfast so I can go drink we can go swimming. 

S: What what... what.. what... what what... what... what. I'M GONNA POP SOME TAGS! 

Then he proceeds to get up and dance like this... 



Which oddly reminds me of this dance... (sorry it won't embed... and it is in another language...)

http://youtu.be/DiENvhp9ddY


No comments:

Post a Comment