Thursday, May 23, 2013

Taking the 3yr old to a different church

This past weekend, Justin was invited to a church to celebrate senior Sunday. This was a big deal because this church does a HUGE celebration for their seniors. For Justin to be invited to this meant he was a pretty big deal in this student's eyes.

So we made the trek to the Baptist church in Sheridan, Arkansas (this should be a red alert for those of you who know us and our wily Methodist ways).

We came prepared to entertain Sam with cookies and coloring books. It worked... alright. He wanted to run. He wanted to go outside. He wanted to do basically anything that was different from standing still and being quiet.

They started the service and my son exclaims, "WE DON'T HAVE TVS IN OUR CHURCH MOMMY!"

TVs=Projection on the wall

He wanted to watch the tvs.

Fine by me. If it keeps him quiet.

It did for about 10 seconds.

Next thing I know, during a quiet pause in the program, my son starts singing "Thrift Shop."

Now this is the way he sings it... you tell me if you can figure out what he is saying...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEYflOV0t4U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Oh my gosh.

I have no problem with my son knowing secular music and singing along with it. We have a lot of fun with that song. But suffice it to say, I was not surrounded by people that had my same philosophy. I couldn't get him shushed fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment