Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Songs You Think Mean One Thing... But In Reality...

Most people who know me know that there are certain words that just freak me out. The list is small but the effect is profound if these words are uttered in my presence.

That was just some background information. Now for the absolutely pointless (like if you should be working now, get back to it) story.

I listen to the radio whenever my husband gives me the rights to the one car with a radio. I lurv it. LURV the radio.

Yesterday, I heard this incredibly catchy tune and really wanted to know what the song was. It goes a little something like this...

"I miss that lovin, that lovin, that lovin, that lovin... whooooooaaaa no!"

It honestly sounds like the Jackson 5 are singing this song. It makes me want to get up and dance, snap my fingers... you know... catchy!

So I'm at the front desk of East Hall waiting on some dinner companions, and I start looking this song up. I search "I miss that lovin" in every way I know how to. Nothing.

I go to the radio stations website and find something that is titled "Dedication to my Ex" and I thought, "That has to be it!"

So we play it. At the front desk. And this is what we hear.

***NOTE*** For the sake of others with a fear of a certain word, where the actual word goes, I'll be substituting "puppy". The actual word is remarkably similar looking, just sub in a different consonant for the middle p's.

"I miss that puppy, that puppy, that puppy, that puppy, whooooooooa no!... What have you done with my puppy?!"

OH MUH GAWD!

This is on LOUD in the East Hall Front Lobby. And I am responsible for it. URG!

So for your auditory ambiance... here are both versions. The second is NOT safe for work. Dear sweet Jesus...

Clean version Rikki would like to preserve...



Dirty version Rikki would like to forget...


1 comment:

  1. This was HILARIOUS! The look on your face was priceless.

    ReplyDelete