Tuesday, March 18, 2014

WTF Wednesday: Sheridan Administrators

Hot off the press!

Sheridan High School administrators stand by their backwards beliefs instead of their students!

Excuse me while I wipe the look of shock off of my face.


Need more info? 



Since when do educators protect the community more than their own students?! 

Here I was, bopping along like a moron on a pixie-stick high thinking educators were supposed to be on the cutting edge of EDUCATION

I thought schools were supposed to TEACH our children right from wrong. About the history of oppression of underrepresented groups. About how all of those abhorrent events in history were CHANGED because someone STOOD UP against the status quo. 

Clearly, I was wrong. Clearly, fear of backlash is what drives us. Clearly, abiding by the law is less than abiding by the wishes of the community. Clearly, pride is more important that teaching our students the importance of righting a wrong. 

My husband is the yearbook advisor. My husband has been stressed about this situation from the inception of the story. 

He asked the students all the right questions to make sure it was morally and ethically sound. 

He informed the principal ahead of time about the laws and how censorship would be breaking the law. 

Publicly, he has remained quiet until today. If you are friends with him on Facebook, you know what I'm talking about.

Sheridan has done nothing but prove to me that while it would be more convenient to send my son to Sheridan schools, there is no way in hell ran by Mother Theresa's alter-go TeTe Fierce that I will send my son to that school district. 

I will home school before I let that shit happen. 

Yes. I would put my career on hold before sending my son to Sheridan schools. That is how important my son's education is to me. And that should speak VOLUMES about my opinion on that school district. 

Enough is enough. 

Sheridan stand up to your community and stand up for your students. It is your DUTY

Please comment and share on any and all social media outlets if you agree that this is outrageous. 




 



5 comments:

  1. So what's the next step since thier actions are clearly illegal? Does someone have to sue since this is a civil not criminal matter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are calling for action from the governor. ACLU may pick up the case and sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what's the next step since thier actions are clearly illegal? Does someone have to sue since this is a civil not criminal matter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a shame that it has to come to this and that people are still so closed minded and ignorant! I wouldn't send my child there either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The superintendent needs to get a chilly letter from the state AG stating the anti-censorship law, and the potential costs of a judgment that would come out of the superintendent's budget.

    ReplyDelete