Monday, September 23, 2013

Weekends with Sam

First off, I'm so stinking tired of my son being sick. Since the great weekend that was the first of August (and his poor little self broke his face, has a bitching asthma attack that required the ER where he then was so hopped up on the breathing juice that he nose-dived off the hospital bed only to be saved my momma and her claws of death to mare the other side of his face... but whatever) he hasn't been the same. 

Two weeks sick... a few days not sick... two weeks sick... a few days not sick. 

Rinse and repeat. 

So we are on cold number 4 or 5 now I believe in a row and he is tired and I am tired and Justin is tired. 


Tired. 

But through all this, he remains ever so entertaining. 

On our way to Fall Fest! His hair is a hot mess and I don't care who knows it! 
We went to the Bryant Fall Fest this weekend and this is the loot Sam left with, all for free b/c he uses his cuteness as a weapon: 

A bucket
A bag of Fritos
A large back of kettlecorn
A lemonade
A sno-cone
A plate of meatballs for dinner
5 dum dums

Not kidding. We didn't pay for any of it. (Maybe the sno-cone. I wasn't there for that interaction). 

So that was a steal! 

Upon arriving, I heard a familiar voice on the PA system. It was my good buddy, Nick Gann! 

Nick has this annoying habit of creeping on my speeches in Toastmasters, taking pictures of me, and posting them on facebook. So I thought I'd pay him back. I made sure he didn't notice me, got my camera out and took his picture while he was talking. Problem is it was very bright outside and I didn't know the camera was on reverse. So really I got this picture... 

Seriously... could I be any cooler? That's my, "Haha I caught you!" face. I should really change that in the future. 
Apparently while Grandma and Sam were walking around, he also got someone to give him free dum dums. So clearly he had to eat one.

I guess he deserved it. 

Then of course, that wasn't enough sweets. So time for a sno-cone!

He got blue-raspberry, can you tell? 

We got home and had a relaxing night. Sunday rolled around and he was still sick so the church prayed for him while we stayed home to rest. Justin was awesome and grocery shopped while Sam and I took a nap. He snuck this picture in while we were napping. 

He do hold hands as we fall asleep. It is very important to him. He also asks for "all the kisses I have" and "all the hugs I have." I have a hard time not eating him with a spoon he is so sweet sometimes. (then sometimes he kicks me and wipes his boogers on me... ups and downs you know)

Sunday afternoon rolled around, and Sam become awfully vocal. 

About two or three months ago I was listening to this song in the car: My Booty is so Luxurious 

This song is catchy and weird (just like me!) and Sam caught on quick! And has been singing it randomly ever since. See... 

With an appearance by the Big Pink... 

Don't mind me mom, just on my iPad bragging about my booty... 

I don't think he thinks we believe him... still singing... 

When he finally got finished bragging about the luxurious nature of his booty, we decided it was time for an Icee because, well, Icees make everyone feel better, don't they? 



He was pretty pleased with himself. 

And as if it didn't seem I was giving him enough sugar, tonight, GG is cutting his hair and if he is a good boy, he gets ANOTHER Icee! 

I'm going to be mother of the year in no time! 

Happy  Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment