Monday, March 18, 2013

Adventures in 3 year old fishing

We decided to introduce Sam to fishing this past weekend.

We went in the middle of the day, like idiots. So from Sam's perspective, we sat on the dock, slaughtered worms and grotesquely positioned them on hooks, threw them out to the water, waited, reeled back in, and repeat. like a really mean worm water park.

He kept saying, "I wanna eat a fish!"

Well so do I. But the fish aren't hungry.

We took another stab at it tonight. Or so we thought until we retrieved our innocent victims (read: worms) from the fridge to realize they are frozen solid.

That must have sucked.

Not to be deterred, we just fished with lures.

Neither Justin or myself have ever had any luck with this but we were at the pond, might as well try.

About halfway through, I'm pretty sure Sam was convinced that fishing consisted of standing next to the water and shaking a stick at it. Clearly no fish were actually involved on the process.

So off he went with his grandma inside to play and eat chips. I called my sister to work out weekend plans. It is now so dark we can't see much and Justin says, "I'm just doing this until you get off the phone." indicating this was just a time killer at this point.

Then shit started flopping around at the end of the line! No one was more surprised than Justin!

I ran and got Sam who was intrigued but cautious. I told him to touch it. He did.

I doubt he does that again.

Justin was giddy beyond belief. Sam wanted to eat it. And I documented the occasion.

I'm really just thankful Sam knows its possible. I was starting to feel like a epic failure.

Enjoy the pics!

The first one is our Saturday attempt.







1 comment:

  1. Victoria DMarch 22, 2013

    I cant believe Elvis is already 3 years old! BD and Turner fishing! Haha he never discussed this in yearbook or english class :D
    -Victoria D

    ReplyDelete