Monday, November 22, 2010

Word of the Day on Sesame Street TURMOIL

No, the word is not turmoil. I'll get more to that later.

Back story: I love Sesame Street. Like, LOVE it. I think it is amazing. Barney... Teletubbies... Do do do do do Dora... they can all suck it. Sesame Street is DA BOMB!

Why? Because they are non-profit-dedicated-to-literacy-even-in-the-worst-parts-of-the-world-awesome. That's why. If you want to know more, contact Amanda Allen and she'll inform you of all their lovelies.

I really want Sam to like Sesame Street. I could go on and on about kids shows that piss me off (UmiZoomi in particular) but I really love Sesame Street.

Sesame Street is NEVER ON when I'm at home with Sam. Or it is and Justin is also here and demands that the Discovery or History Channel has something on that we CANNOT MISS! BAH! (he's not that dramatic. I am. HYPERBOLE MUCH!)

Anyway, I'm here late with him today and WAH! Sesame Street is on!

I turn it on. I'm all excited. Had I thought ahead there would have been popcorn.

And what is the word of the day?!!?!?!?!?!

ARACHNID!

WTF?! A freaking RACHNID!

RIKKI DON'T DO SPIDERS!!!!!

Woe is me. Woe, oh, woe is me.

So far... Elmo held a taratula (as a result, I quivered with fear and fought back vomit).

Since that unfortunate turn of events, I have had my head turned from the tv. From what I can tell, there is a talking spider asking them to count his legs. Next they'll celebrate with a round of "Itsy bitsy spider" which I am fairly sure is the battle cry leading you into hell.

Teaching Sam to love Sesame Street FAIL!

Blasted.

**UPDATE** I'm enduring this hell on Earth smut so that I can teach my son to love Sesame Street. What is he doing? Crawling into the other room, finding things to put in his mouth, and generally getting into trouble.

And there is an ant talking on the Street in his best Billy Bob Thornton in "Slingblade" voice of "I like french fried taters and mustard... mmmmm hmmmmm." Not. Kidding. He even did the "mmmm hmmmm."

6 comments:

  1. Yes, you are dramatic. At least the word of the day wasn't transvestite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could "like" Ashley's comment! Anyhoo...UNfortunately my daughter WAS (thank God for the past tense here) a HUGE fan of Sesame street. I'm sure Sam will sadly grow to love it too and before you know it you'll want to claw your eyeballs out rather than watch ANOTHER episode...b/c kids can watch the same episode over and over AND OVER again literally all day if you let them. So why don't you buy him some Sesame Street DVD's or get a DVR and you can watch the lovely Sesame Street ALL DAY EVERY DAY :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buying costs money.

    DVR's cost money.

    Me likey free tv!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Sesame street as a kid!! It has been around a long time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arachnid is pretty unfair. Maybe I can make it up to you with a monster at the end of this comment: Grover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda... I LOVE THE EBOOKS! I'm putting a subscription to them on my Christmas wish-list!

    ReplyDelete