Monday, November 3, 2014

Getting Muh Groove On, Day 3

Music... makes the people... come together... yeahhhhhhh

Madonna is deep, yo. 

Music has a way of changing my mood completely. As a self-identified person with  heart of stone due to my inability to cry at movies, music has moved me to tears a number of times. Some of my favorites for a good soul-searching are: 

Wanted: Hunter Hayes
Man in the Mirror: Michael Jackson
Jesus Take the Wheel: Carrie Underwood
Independence Day: Martina McBride
Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning: Alan Jackson
Proud to be an American: Lee Greenwood
Blown Away: Carrie Underwood



I can't say exactly why each of these bring me to tears but they do. I connect with the emotions of others and highly emotional songs bring that out. 

But also, I can rely on music to bring me into a good mood or even fuel the fire for an already good mood. 

When I wake up in the morning, I love Pitbull radio on Pandora. I dance like a moron while drying my hair and putting on make up. And before you make fun of me, answer me this... Who has more songs to Zumba routines than Pitbull? 

Check. Mate. 

Music also makes me laugh... 

Let Me Ride that Donkey? 
Poison? 
You Can't Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd? 
Dick in a Box? 


That shit is funny. 

Also, if I'm in an ass-kicking mood... Miranda Lambert fuels the fire. 

Gunpowder and Lead
Momma's Broken Heart
Fastest Girl in Town
Kerosene
Only Prettier
Somethin' Bad



Nothing like badass music to make me feel like a badass. 

What music are you thankful for? 

2 comments:

  1. Ha, I love that Blown Away song...when it comes on while I'm running, I totally get jacked up and want to punch something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100% agree with the Miranda Lambert No make that 110%.

    ReplyDelete