Friday, November 7, 2014

Day 7: Simple Pleasures

This is one of my favorite things to be thankful for. The little things in life that make life rich. Here are some of my favorites: 

A comforting cup of coffee. 

This past weekend I discovered a cup of coffee mixed with a packet of hot chocolate and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice creamer. Heaven in a cup. 



A well-placed "that's what she said" joke. 

I mean, does it get any better? 



Afternoon naps with my son. 

He still holds my hand as we fall asleep. The sweetness is so intense we are getting cavities. 



When someone does something nice for you just because. 

Whether it is your husband bringing home dinner so you don't have to cook, a surprise coffee or Diet Dr. Pepper in the early afternoon, or a quick text to see how you are doing... being special to people is just fantastic. 



Thank you notes. 

I need to be better at sending these but when someone takes the time out to thank you for something, no matter how small, can make your whole day better. 


This list is short but these 5 little things are very significant. 

What are your simple pleasures? 

1 comment:

  1. I try to bribe my 6 year old still to take naps with me... when that age is over its like noooooooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete