Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Day 9: A Defeat that Makes you Stronger

In the interest of full disclosure, I hate this topic.

Here's why.

No matter how you spin it, it seems like you are either bragging on yourself or playing a poor me game. The fact of the matter is everyone has defeats that have made them stronger.

But since I love reading other people's stories, I've found a story that falls into this category. I hope you enjoy my defeat. 

Here's what happened... 

I knew I could do it but I knew it'd be a challenge. She had a reputation of being kind of a bitch but so did I so it shouldn't be that big of deal. I can handle bitches. 

I made sure I was prepared with all the supplies needed to go to battle. She was not going to win today. I would conquer. And I'd be stronger for it. Like Nike says, "Just do it." 

It started slow. Kind of a warm up. I thought, "this isn't bad. nah, this will be fine." 

And that's when it started. 

My breath quickened and I began to perspire ever so slightly on my forehead. 



But the battle wasn't lost. I would not be defeated. 

I tried to keep up. Even if I didn't really know what to do, I could at least take context clues and pretend. I gave it my all. I did my best. 

My breath went from quickened to heavy panting. Panic was about to set in. 

How am I supposed to do this?! This woman is crazy?! I'm not match for her!!! 

No! No, I will press on! She is not going to beat me! I'm not going to be one of her victims! I'm better than that! 

Sweat is pouring like buckets now. This is embarrassing. I'm panting so heavily if someone saw me they'd be concerned for my health. They'd probably locate a paper bag or my inhaler. 



Just then, she yells, "Do not take a break! Do not sit down! Do not quit!" 

I couldn't take it anymore. I yelled, "YOU DON'T KNOW ME!" 

I'm only halfway participating at this point. The world is getting darker. Why are there green dots in my living room. 

That judgmental bitch can suck it. I have to take a break. 

I sit down on the chair. 

She says, "If you have to take a break, no longer than 5 seconds. I have 300lb people that can do this move. You can too." 



HOW DID SHE KNOW?!?!?! 

I knew death was imminent. I could not keep up. 

5 seconds passed. The room was spinning. 

I yelled, "FUCK YOU JILLIAN MICHAELS! I HATE YOU AND YOUR SIX PACK AND YOUR MEAN OLD DUMB FACE!" 



That'll teach her. 

She mocked me by pointing out I was only on level 1 of 3. 

Gee thanks, Jill. Thanks for pointing out that I'm inadequate even at the beginning level. I look forward to my life of flab and donuts. 

IF THIS IS WHAT FIT FEELS LIKE I'D RATHER DIE! 



And then I went and put my head under the faucet and tried to get at least a little water in my mouth. I then laid down on the ground and focused on not throwing up. 

How did this make me stronger? 

Simple. 

I make better decisions now. I have no desire to be "shredded." 

"Shredded" = "Death"

I choose life. 









November 1st – Intro – November
2. Crystal Michelle – www.crystalmichellesmess.com – Un Answered Prayers
3. Music
4. Karen – http://www.apeekatkarensworld.com/ – Friendship
5. Memories
6. Belly Laughs
7. Rikki – http://www.mommasgotadudesname.com/ – Simple Pleasures
8. Humor

9. A defeat that made you stronger
10. Erin- http://www.shesabigstar.com/ – Being a Mom
11. The one thing you love most about YOU
12. Duckie – http://www.frikkenduckie.com/ – Beach Days
13. Laura – http://lauraakalolo.blogspot.com/ – Mans Best Friend
14. Strength
15. Love
16. Erin – http://www.homemadehappenings-erin.blogspot.com – Family
17. Tradition
18. Mom & Dad
19. Candra – http://camoandlipstick.blogspot.com – Spouse ( husband or wife )
20. Thankful through pictures
21. Health
22. Angela – ( need your info sweets )
23. Insert your own here
24. Social Media
25. Ganeeban – http://girlytomboymusings.blogspot.com – Time
26. Booze
27. Thanksgiving!!
28. Blog Friends
29. Your State
30. The End of This 30 Day Blog!

2 comments:

  1. Rikki - you make me smile. Here's your cookie (gluten free, sugar free, taste free!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a perfect description on my own personal feelings regarding working out as well!

    ReplyDelete