Thursday, May 31, 2012

Samisms I Don't Want to Forget

This is going to be somewhat of a random post because there is no guarantee I can get these in the right order... so bear with me..

In church Sunday, when we started to sing a hymn, Sam says to me, "Don't like... everybody." My guess is he didn't like everyone singing... but I loved the timing.

Also in church on Sunday during the children's sermon, Russ was explaining how we should be appreciative of our teachers. Sam interrupts him to say, "I I I I I like mine teacher." Kudos Susan. Well done.

The other day, Justin went out to the back yard to do something and didn't have his shirt on. Sam went out after him. When he saw Justin, he says, "Daddy, why you naked?" Justin said, "I'm not naked. I just don't have a shirt on." Sam then says, "Daddy, put you shirt ON!"

Sometimes I make random noises while cleaning (to entertain myself... distract myself from the awfulness of cleaning...whatever). So tonight while Sam was in another room playing with a toy, I said, "Boom shacka lacka lacka boom!" About two seconds later, we hear Sam say, "Boom chocolate milk." The kid loves his milk.

Tonight while reading Sam his bedtime story, "Llama Llama Red Pajama", which we have read a million times easily, I decide to start it by saying, "This is Llama Llama Red Pajama" as read in a Hispanic accent." I then went into my best Hispanic accent (which we all know is pure crap). I got four pages in and after each page, Sam would say, "Momma stop that." I finally read it normally and he ceased to tell me to stop that. He isn't a fan of my accents either.

And lastly, on a sweet note, my son likes to pray for people. I just love that. We pick someone (or many people or things... depends on the night) to pray for before bed. Tonight he picked his daddy. It is just the sweetest thing to hear him pray for anyone, but especially his daddy. (Before we get wrapped up in the awesomeness that is a son praying for his daddy, Sam has been known to pray for cookies, books, toys, swimming, etc).

These are just some of the many things I will get a kick out of reading many years from now. And hopefully Sam does too.

SHOUT OUT TO GROWN UP SAM!!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment