Tuesday, June 19, 2012

They should have called SCAN (and other tidbits)

I have a lot to update on.

1) Two weekends ago we went to OKC for my cousin's wedding. But my sister and I had the bright idea to take the kids to the zoo before the wedding (because kids are SO well behaved after a long day of driving, zooing, and no napping). We had a blast but as I suspected, my two year old was a wee bit restless by the time the 7:30 pm wedding rolled around. The wedding starts and it is obvious to me now that he is not going to stay seated and quiet. So I get up and take him to the back. It is at this point he decides he needs me to put him down (and he will scream like a banshee if I don't). So I put him down but told him he had to stay by me. I might as well have told him to eat a pound of green beans. All of the sudden he DARTS down the aisle. Running.

So I take off after him. I catch up to him at about the 2nd or 3rd row from the front... you know... by the folks exchanging vows. I reached out my giant clawlike man-hands and grabbed his shirt collar.

And what happened next is a bit fuzzy. Maybe my  mom or sister will comment with their recollection (and I'm hoping my husband won't). But, I started pulling him back down the aisle. I thought I was guiding him in a firm parent-like fashion. What I was actually doing was dragging him down the aisle of a wedding by his shirt collar... his feet were not invited to this party.

Mom of the year. And cousin of the year since this happened in the middle of the biggest moment of their lives thus far. I'm just super, aren't I?

Needless to say, we got a free pass into the reception hall for the duration of the wedding.

2) On the Facebooks, I've been complaining for about 3 weeks now about Great Lightning Strike of 2012 and all its victims (i.e. my electronics). As of Friday, the count was:

Baby monitor
Upstairs thermostat
Laptop
Laptop power cord (plugged into surge protector)
Wireless router (plugged into surge protector)
Cable model (plugged into surge protector)
Electric dog collar fence hub
Wii

On Saturday, Sam and I were out in the backyard playing in the water hose and I looked up at the roof. To see A GIANT HOLE IN IT!

Like, I can stick my giant water-head through the hole in the roof (if it weren't so damn high off the ground). Would you like to see a picture from the attic?

This is a view standing in our upstairs bedroom looking through the attic door. Super, right?

Honestly, we are lucky the house didn't burn down. And also, that I wasn't maimed when I opened this door. Because you see, there is a light bulb dangling right under that hole. It used to have a ceramic light fixture around it. When I opened the door, a piece of that aforementioned ceramic light fixture, came down and hit me in the head. Again. Super.

So that is being repaired today. And hopefully we can put the Great Lightning Strike of 2012 to bed for good.

3. My son is still racking up the cute points. He currently thinks there are elephants living under his bed. I have to tell them to be quiet every night.

He thinks I'm awesome and Justin isn't. Video proof:





And I think he's awesome... I mean, who else puts on this kind of dance show at a Cracker Barrel?

And lastly, Gena and Susan took me out for my "birthday" on Sunday night. I had to sneak out of the house because Sam wasn't going to stand for me leaving. Justin later tells me that Sam does not understand why I would want to play with Susan and Gena when I could be playing with him. I got to witness this first hand the next morning.

He comes into my bathroom as I'm getting ready and says, "Momma, you go play wif GiGi and SuSu last night?" I said, "Yeah, baby, I did." He said, "You see a movie?" I said, "Yeah, we saw a movie." He said, "Why?"

I could just eat him up all day everyday. He's so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment