Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Post and Pledge for Sam

Confession: I text and drive. At least, until yesterday I did.

But, I have decided today that I will never text and drive again. No big major event happened, other than my removal of my head from my ass. That would be a major event I guess.

For some reason, I started thinking about Sam driving yesterday. Why you ask? No idea. I guess I was making a mental list of things that would scare the be-jesus out of me. Sam driving qualifies as such an event.

And then I started thinking of how I would slap him around quite a bit if he were ever driving like a maniac, driving without his seat belt, or texting and driving.

Then I heard my phone bing bong. And I went to look at it. And I texted the person back.

Then I felt like a total jackass.

Why? I mean, he is not even 2 yet and I am already breaking the rules I want him to follow. sonofabitch...parenting fail.

I never want him to say, "Well mom, you do it!" So in order to be a good role model for my son (and live to see the day he drives), I will no longer be texting while driving. If it is important, my suggestion is for you to call me. Because I won't even be looking at the phone to see if it is important or not.

I will still answer the phone while on driving. To me, that's no more distracting that driving with a toddler in your car (which is sometimes like driving with a tiger in your car). So no problems there.

And now for things I find absolutely ADORABLE about Sam right now so he can grow up and say... "Mom, you were so crazy when I was a baby."

He is now at the age to give kisses when the mood strikes him. He also asks for hugs. Incidentally, he has momma and daddy are wrapped ever so tightly around his chubby little finger.

Example on this one that melted my heart: We were grocery shopping last weekend. I was waiting for someone to get out of the way of the cheese section and decided to hug Sam. I went to let go and he says, "Moooore!" and squeezed me tighter. This continued for about a full minute until he finally let me go so I could get the cheese. Justin is lucky we didn't leave the cheese aisle right then and go to they toy section and buy up every stinking toy that caught his eye. So precious.

He also is in this really cute sleeping pattern where he wants to lay on his "mumkey piyyow" (monkey pillow), hold his Elmo doll, and have his puppy sitting beside him. Oh yeah, and he likes to be covered up with the blanket.

Last night though, he found an old water bottle before he took his bath and insisted he bathe with it. After the bath, he wanted to play with it while he got lotioned and diapered. Then he wanted to sleep with it. His crib is crowded these days.

Also, he has a love for Elmo that runs deeper than the Atlantic and hotter than a thousand suns. At least 50 times a day, no exaggeration, he hands me the remote and says, "Elmo... elmo.... ELMO?"

His other big love right now? The babysitter's middle son, Jonah. OWE MUH GAWD. This morning he woke up and he said, in a very quiet voice, "momma? up?" then in the loudest morning voice I've ever heard from this child, he yells, "DOOONNNNAHHH!!!" I guess he was yelling loud enough for Jonah to hear him from Bryant. Who knows? But all the way to Susan's he called for Jonah and Susan, alternating when appropriate. If Jonah doesn't tell Sam "bye bye" before he goes to school, Sam will walk around the house calling for him for at least an hour. I'm trying to figure out how to have an "Elmo/Jonah" themed 2 year birthday party without being that creepy lady that needs to find a new babysitter. Ideas welcome.

We know his love for his dog Skipper is real and deep too. Its been like that for a while. We go on a family walk every night around the neighborhood. Now Sam wants to "walk" Skipper. Which means, while Sam sits comfortably in his stroller, he wants to hold Skipper's leash and let Skipper pull the stroller. He hangs on with both hands and concentrates really hard. It is so precious.

That's all for cuteisms of Sam. Until next time, goodnight and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment