Monday, September 12, 2011

Precious Moments I Don't Want to Forget

If you aren't into hearing the lovelies that are my son, then stop reading now. This post is chucked full of them!

He has been the sweetest boy this weekend. Just ate up with it. Here's how:

He has learned how to say, "I love you," which actually sounds like, "ud doo". But we know what it is. Normally he says it after we say it to him. This morning, Justin was leaving for work, and Justin says, "Bye bye Sam." Sam says, "Ud doo!"

Justin is going out of town for a few days and I just know this was just what he needed to hear.

He has also been wanting to give me "sugars" for no reason lately. He will just come up to me and pucker his lips. And who can say no to that?! Not this girl.

We took him and his little girlfriend Zoey to the park yesterday. They had so much fun! They went up and down the slides, they swang, they rode the bouncy car together... but when we were done, he was WORN OUT! But, his momma needed to continue her quest for safety pins before we went home and took a bath. So Sam tagged along as we went in Family Dollar. Then Dollar General. And finally Walgreens. But by the time we got to Walgreens and found the Holy Grail of Safety Pins (which is what I thought it was by then), Sam looked at me and says, "night night," and laid his head on my shoulders. Melt. My. Heart.

(I'm realizing how ADD this post is, but I'm just typing as I remember the cuteness.)

Earlier on Sunday, we had gotten back from church and eaten lunch. Justin and I were in our recliners with our feet up and Sam comes over to me and kisses my feet. I thought, "how sweet...and also kind of weird." But he isn't even two so it is mostly sweet. But then he keeps doing it. For like an hour, he would go play, then he'd run back and smile really big and kiss my toes. Then he did it to Justin. Over and over again, he'd come back to kiss our feet.

Needless to say, when it was time for his nap, I had a hard time putting him down. And when he cried, I went right back up there and got him and we took a nap together on my bed. For two sweet hours. And I don't regret it at all.

This morning, when he woke up, we went through our normal routine. Then he wanted to play so I pretended that he knocked me over and I fell into the floor. He comes up to me and says, "Up?" Then stuck out his hand and wanted to help me up. How sweet is that?! And he wouldn't give up until he "helped" me up. When I got up, he hugged my neck from behind...

Is there anything better out there?! Really? This last weekend was just fantastic. Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment