Saturday, August 14, 2010

I Think I'm Getting Fatter

Hear me out...


As I write this I'm enjoying a lovely cup of chocolate milk. And trust me it is lovely. But it is a little too chocolately. Which brings me to the fat comment.

Way back in the days of childhood, I'd go to the kitchen, pour me a glass of milk, and I'd go get the chocolate syrup, begin to squeeze... and it would take FOREVER to get enough chocolate in the cup. And back in those days, I was no chocolate fanatic like I am today. I just enjoyed it. But I'd squeeze and squeeze and squeeze... then stir and stir and stir... and still barely enough chocolate to afford it the name chocolate milk.

Now I go to make my chocolate milk and I'm still squeezing like I did when I was five... and its all syrupy! Way more chocolate comes out than it used too!

I still squeeze for just a long (which is the problem I'm sure), but I can't break away from the childhood habit. It's very frustrating.

So here is my thoughts on this phenomenon...

In the last 15 - 20 years, the engineering of the Hershey's bottle has dramatically increased. My brain's capacity to adjust for this feat of engineering, however, has not.

And as a result, I'm getting fatter. Because even now, after knowing if I squeeze the bottle just as much as I did if I was a kid it will be really syrupy... I can't stop myself.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you're just stronger now than you were when you were 5...just a thought. ~Laci S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely nuts, but thanks for the reflection on chocolate milk :)

    ReplyDelete