Monday, November 17, 2008

Mrs. Reba Nell thinks I'm Fancy!

For all of you who know me, for the past few weeks (or month) I've been very excited to go see Reba McEntire in concert. Saturday night couldn't come fast enough!

First of all, I really like the television show Reba. For all those interested in checking it out, it comes on Lifetime on weekdays at 4 and 6pm. I may have the times wrong there; it alternates with Still Standing.

The point of that was to get you familar with Barbara Jean. Barbara Jean is the new wife of Reba's ex-husband in the television show. And she is CRAZY!!! She cracks me up in a kind of way that makes me laugh out loud and sometimes repeat what she says outloud and laugh some more when no one else is around. It's worse when people are around.

None other than Melissa Peterman (who plays Barbara Jean... she probably appreciates it when people use her real name) opened for the concert! She is hilarious. It was so very funny and I was so very giddy... which is a great mix if you ask me.

Then, after a much needed bathroom break, we start hearing the tunes to "Sweet Dreams" and the curtain starts to come up. That could have been the best rendition of "Sweet Dreams" I've ever heard. They rocked it out.

Now some of you are wondering, "They? Whose they?" Well I'll tell you. This was the Reba and Kelly tour. Which, I like Kelly Clarkson perfectly fine. I like her music. I respect her a great deal. But after that concert, I have MUCH more respect for her. Her voice crosses many genres, she sounds great live, and she held her own against the magnificent Reba McEntire.

The whole show was great. They really put a lot into it. When they ended it, of course we weren't going to stand for that. So... for the encore... they sang "Because of You", "Since You Been Gone," and to end it.... "FANCY!!!!"

I still get giddy thinking about it. It was the best! They rocked it out... not a person left sitting... everyone up clapping and singing along... they threw in some lyrics I didn't know... but I sang along like I did... awesome!

If you ever get a chance to see this concert... DO IT! My husband was not very excited about it beforehand and even he said it is one of the best concerts he has ever seen. Just cough up the money now, you won't regret it.

I would like to take this time to plead for Brandi Mair's forgiveness for going without her. I would have loved to have been able to go with you. I was thinking about you the entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment