Saturday, August 2, 2008

Would you like the red pill or blue?

Ok, so I have to share a story that really happened to my husband but it affected me. And, let's be honest, it's pretty darned funny.

I am in a meeting all day and my husband is at home. Justin hears a knock on the door. He opens the door. There is a man in a very nice suit standing there and he says, "You must be Justin Turner."

He says, "Yes."

The man in the nice suit then opens his laptop and says, "And this must be your wife, Rikki."

Yup, my picture is on his laptop. Justin, now completely freaked out says, "Yes, that's her."

Man in nice suit then says, "Can I come in?"

Now what would any sane person be thinking right now? I told Justin I'm surprised he didn't offer him the red pill or the blue pill. Justin doesn't know what to think, but allows him to come in anyway.

This was the problem....

We had a wireless router plugged in. Man in nice suit had already taken the liberty of disabling it from his office before he came over for the chat.

Apparently, at my current university, we have an FBI ballistics lab and some other random things that requires the network be ridiculously secure. It is for this reason they have software that only detects wireless routers. Then it shuts them off. Then you get a visit from Morpheus. If you plug it back in after Morpheus leaves, they will fry your router from their office rendering it useless.

This also applies if your Wii is connected to the internet playing Rockband with your friends in Illinois... as a purely hypothetical example. So... no Rockband... no shooting Germans (Medal of Honor)... none of this with our friends from afar.

Its not as bad as it sounds, or I'm making it sound. But after the guy left, my husband was freaked out for a good two hours afterwards. He was extremely cordial, not rude in the slightest. But something happens to a man when a really well dressed man shows up at your front door with your wife's picture on his laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment