Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

I have a hard time with resolutions. The skeptical side of me wonders why we need this particular day to make positive changes in our lives. If we need to change, then we should just change. No need in waiting for January 1.

Then January 1 rolls around and we are still fat, lazy and/or stupid. So maybe setting some goals up at the beginning of the year isn't so bad.

I have a few goals. So here are some of my goals for 2013.

1) Don't gain any weight. If I lost a little bit more, I wouldn't be sad, but I like not being in the 140s anymore and I'd like to keep it that way.

2) Register for Warrior Dash, finish Warrior Dash, and cross the finish line with some friends (that's you... tell me if you want to play!) Warrior Dash 2013

3) Continue to dress nicer at work. This is something I've really worked on the past semester but I want to continue it. When I dress more professionally, I feel like a more competent professional and I can't help but notice I've gotten a lot more responsibility since doing so. And I have gotten some CUTE clothes over the break so I'm pretty excited about it.

4) I am committing to cleaning my house for 10 minutes a day. This one I hate but for the past week I have managed to keep the house I clean and that is the longest I've ever gone. Once I got it clean, I noticed keeping it clean wasn't that big of a deal. Basically the rule is "Put the shit up." Now my garbage service not coming for two weeks has made it interesting but hopefully they rid me of the last few weeks of trash and I can begin to take the garbage out again. I'm not pissy about it though.

5) I want to read one book a month for recreation. This one is astonishing to me because I actually like reading. But I don't like reading about pain in the world. I'm aware of pain in the world. I'm not going to indulge in it for fun. And it seems like many of the good books that are out are about pain and suffering. If I want to know more about that, I'll watch the news. So anyway, if you  know of any funny books or just good reads that don't involve rape and abuse, send them my way. I need at least 12.

6) It is my goal to never walk to work from home. I'm pretty sure I can achieve this goal.

7) I'm going to limit myself to only checking Facebook/Twitter twice daily while at work. Believe it or not, Facebook/Twitter actually does help me in my job, but it is a large distraction as well so that is why I'm limiting it to a few times a day (this means logging off in the mean time... ugh).

8) Teach Sam the alphabet. Not only saying it (which he pretty much already does as long as he is certain you aren't listening) but I want him to recognize the letters as well.

9) Stick to at least one legit date night a month with Justin and at least one night a week where we spend uninterrupted time together (watch a movie, play a game, not just sit in each other's presence while the TV drones on about something Ted and Robin are up to). Justin help me with this one.

10) Wear shoes to work every day.

There you have it! Tune in next December to see how I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment