Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Showing God's Love Always

The title might be misleading. I do not always show God's love. I try to, but human nature prevails sometimes and hateful things get said, often in a well meaning way.

Today Facebook was RAMPANT with this type of behavior. And as I said, I know everyone means well. A little precious girl was murdered and abused and no one has paid the price except for her. It is heart breaking.

But as I saw all these statuses on Facebook today about how Casey Anthony will burn in hell, and will get her judgement, and we just let murderers run free in the streets of Florida, etc. etc. etc. I just couldn't help but think, who are we to judge? And more importantly, if we are wishing this on another human being, if she really did murder her daughter, are we no better than she by wishing her death?

Why aren't we praying for her? Why aren't we wishing she would find Christ's love? Why aren't we showing her the love that she may or may not have shown her daughter? Is that not what we are called to do?

I hope this post doesn't sound pretentious. I'm not meaning to be. I just want to call attention to what all of us are guilty of at one time or another. I want us to all realize how our seemingly well comments may be received by others out there who are unfamiliar with Christ's love.

I know there is scripture in Matthew to support what I'm saying but I don't have my Bible near to find it. I may add it later. This was just on my heart to share.

ADDITIONAL SCRIPTURE EDIT

Here are the verses I was trying to reference... there are more than I bargained for :-)

Matthew 7:1-3 Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged. And why worry about a speck in your friend's eye when you have a log in your own?

Hebrews 13: 1-3 Keep on loving each other as brothers and sisters. Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it! Remember those in prison, as if you were there yourself. Remember those being mistreated, as if you felt their pain in your own bodies.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

Romans 14:4 Who are you to condemn someone else's servants? Their own master will judge whether they stand or fall. And with the Lord's help, they will stand and receive his approval.

Romans 12:19 Dear friends, never take revenge. LEave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, "I will take revenge; I will pay them back," says the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment