Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Chocolate Milk Monster

True confessions of a mother that picks her battles: I give my child chocolate milk.

It started as a treat every once in a while. No joke, like maybe once or twice a month. And that is how often he was getting it about a week ago.

Well... about a week ago he was having a rough day and I thought he deserved some chocolate milk.

The next day, I'm giving him his regular milk for the morning and I leave the fridge open while pouring the glass. I turn back around to put the milk back in the fridge and my son is standing there, holding the chocolate syrup, saying, (in your best Tiny Tim voice) "Mooooooore?"

I said, "You want chocolate milk?"

He nodded his head and said, very matter of factly, "More."

Enter this morning.

I'm making his regular milk for the morning. I had left the fridge open again, was almost done, turned to close the fridge and he runs, and screams, "No, no, no, no. Mooooooreeee!" And then grabbed the chocolate syrup.


That little stinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment