Thursday, September 9, 2010

Brag About Sam

Sam has been doing some really cute things lately and I really need to document them.

1) Preferences on songs sung to him...

We were on our way home from Alma this past weekend and Sam was super tired of being in the carseat so he began to cry. Justin started singing "Old Macdonald" and he quit crying. SUPER CUTE.

About 15 minutes after Justin stopped singing, Sam started to cry again. I then tried to sing him "This Old Man Came Rolling Home". Nope... Justin started singing "Old Macdonald"... he was fine. What a stinker!

2) The little Johnny Jumper...

The kid loves to jump. If I could pick a career for him right now, it would be track and field, long jump and high jump (except the chubby kids rarely get to do those so I may be a bit off). The kid gets extreme joy from jumping in the doorway. And I do mean EXTREME joy! You know this if you have ever held him and he starts jumping in your lap. That's 24 lbs of solid boy jumping up and down in your lap. It's tiring.

And yet it makes him laugh, grin like an idiot, and squeel like a banshee! Love it!

3) He's a little feeler...

At daycare, there are two little girls who can cry up a storm. One day I went to pick him up, he was in the jumper, and one of the little girls was having a mad, screaming fit. He looked at her with concern in his eyes, then looked up at me and made the saddest little "pucker" face and started bawling himself. I had to pick him up and take him away from her for a minute to get him calmed down.

This morning when I dropped him off, the other little girl gets upset when her mom leaves. She doesn't really scream or anything, but she cries for about an hour after her mom leaves. I was holding Sam, he looks over at her, then looks up at Susan and makes that "pucker" face like he is about to cry. I distracted him, but he kept looking over at her, as if to check on her, and when he saw her still crying, he'd make the "pucker" face all over again.

He's so sweet. I love that kid so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment