Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Sam's Guardian Angel

There is so much to be done but I wanted to let everyone know why I've been so absent lately. 

Sam's grandma got her wings this morning. I'll prepare a post later on about the process and the comfort of allowing someone to let go. 

If you are looking for something to do, please become a bone marrow donor. It is free, easy, and painless. Please be someone's hero. I wish I could I thank whoever donated to her to give us some extra time with her. 

http://www.deletebloodcancer.org/en



http://bethematch.org/Support-the-Cause/Donate-bone-marrow/Join-the-marrow-registry/



If you want to know more about Pat and her journey, visit a blog I wrote when this all began: //www.mommasgotadudesname.com/2014/01/help-save-sams-grandma-become-bone.html

You can visit most of the posts from January 2014 as well. We had a fun time giving them hell in St. Louis. 



4 comments:

  1. Oh Rikki, I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss and for her pain and struggle... breaks my heart to read this. Thinking of you all! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your journey with her and keeping everything positive. I signed up to be a donor a few months ago. I'll be thinking of you and your family today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so sorry for your loss your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for y'all's loss.

    ReplyDelete