Saturday, April 13, 2013

Giblet-gate 2013

If you haven't heard, my son calls his testicles his giblets. Unfortunately, I am to blame for this misunderstanding. (and also why he calls his undies his panties... Surely mental healthcare will be covered on our insurance)

He has been a handful today. Yelling, irritable. Testy testy (twss)

And listening has not been his strong suit tonight.

He had just gotten out of the shower and was enjoying some naked time while i checked the Twitters.

He wanted to cover me with a blanket. I had no such desires. I aired my wishes to remain uncovered. He continued down the path of the ill-advised.

I gave him the look.

He sat down, stuck his lip out and slowly looked down.

Guess what he found?!

He gets a big ole eyeful of his man candy and starts to diddle. Then he happily exclaims, "Hey! My giblets!"

How exciting.

Then ensued our most uncomfortable conversation to date.

S: mommy where are your giblets?
R: mommy doesn't have giblets
S: why?
R: bc girls don't have giblets
S: why not?
R: boys have tinkles and giblets. Girls have hoo hoos.
S: did you lose your giblets?
R: no babe. Didn't have them to begin with.
S: why?
R: bc mommy is a girl.
S: I'm a girl! (grabs a handful of giblets... Then giggles heartily)
R: you're silly.
S: mommies have gum balls.
R: what?!
S: gum balls! On your boobies!!!
R: Sam, I think it's time for bed.

My plan for when he wants to know about sex? Talk as vividly as possible until he is more uncomfortable than I am. It appears I'll get years of practice in this endeavor.

1 comment:

  1. So this is one of the funniest things you have talked about yet. Thanks for sharing your "uncomfortable" situation.

    ReplyDelete