Friday, January 20, 2012

Things I've Learned from My Son: How to Wake Up in a Good Mood

Adults are constantly complaining about waking up on the wrong side of the bed... or not getting enough exercise.... or not having enough energy...

Enough is enough! I have found the solution and all it took was a giddy little two year old to show me the way.

When Sam gets up in the morning, he wakes up, stands up, and immediately starts jumping on the bed.

He jumps on the bed and giggles until he is good and ready to stop (normally when I offer him candy if he goes pee pee in the potty.... which is another great idea for adults to adopt!)

So it got me thinking... what a wonderful way to start the day! If adults would just wake up in the morning, shut the alarm off, then promptly start jumping on the bed... we'd all be in a much better mood going to work. Almost nothing can go wrong when you've started your day jumping on the bed.


Admittedly, this is a picture of me several years ago jumping on the bed... but you get the picture. 

So I challenge you, tomorrow, when you wake up, start your day with a few jumps on the bed. I did... and I feel great! Justin is pretty irritated though. I wanted him to join but he seemed pretty intent on screaming and looking confused.*

*Okay that didn't happen. But it would have had I decided to jump on the bed this morning. Justin is pretty opinionated and violent in regards to sleepy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment