Monday, May 23, 2011

Thieving Little Monkey and other Sam tidbits

First off, I am that mother that calls her child offensive names. I say it with love and we are all laughing so I do not have a problem with this at all. I was raised that way and honestly, it is funny and most accurately describes the kid.

Enter "thieving little monkey."

Sam has figured out the drinks in Momma and Daddy's cups are much more delicious than what is in his cup. He has also gotten tall enough to swipe our drinks when we aren't looking.

So on any given night, this is the the chain of events:

Sam: Peese. Peese. (points to cup.)
Us: No Sam. You have a drink.
Sam: (walking up to drink) Peese. More.
Us: No Sam!
Sam: (takes the drink anyway and runs)
Us: (Take the drink and put Sam in the corner.)

Now take the above scenario and replace cup with "remote", "wii mote", "I-pad", "plate with food on it", and "cell phone."

Another reason for him being a thieving little monkey, he wanted some graham crackers the other day. Not a problem, I gave him some. But then we were done. I went to the kitchen and put them on the counter. He asks for more and I said no. I then go into the living room. I hear ruckus in the kitchen but nothing abnormal. I then hear crinkling plastic that sounds oddly reminicsent of the graham cracker package. I investigate.

My thieving son has stacked up moving boxes to stand on so he can reach the graham crackers. Thieving. Little. Monkey.

He is so funny. Being chased is like the best thing for him ever. If you chase him, and get him into a corner, his next logical step is to run at you as fast as he can. Does this mean he will be aggressive?!

Other funnisms...

He still thinks it is hilarious for other people to fall or bump their heads. He knows "yes" and "no" and uses them quite appropriately. For instance...

"Sam did you poo poo?"
Sam lifts up his shirt and looks at his diaper.
"Sam did you poo poo?"
Sam, "Ya."
"Ok, lets change your diaper."
Sam says, "no" and runs away laughing.

He is also a little hooligan at daycare. Susan is really working on them to use their words. Some of the kids are more stubborn than others so she witholds things from them (snack, drink, picking them up, etc.) until they use their words. What is my son doing in the background? "peese. peese. pu. pu. more. more. dink. dink." (for all those wondering, "pu" is up.)

Also on the hooligan subject, if the other kids get in trouble, he taunts them in the corner, shaking his finger and saying "no no" at them. Or if they have a toy he wants, he grabs it from them and says, "Thant oo".

Other fun habits you guys don't care to read about:

He loves to sing. He sings me his ABCs (at least the tune). All I have to say is, "Sam you want to sing?" and there he goes. But it is soft and sweet singing. For now anyway.

He has a fascination with shoes. He knows where his shoe drawer is and goes and gets them all out one by one and makes a big pile. I can only assume he finds the ones he doesn't like and throws them in the diaper pail.

Other items frequently found in the diaper pail? Remotes, socks, clean diapers, diaper cream, papers, keys, etc. It is almost the first place we look for missing items now.

And to leave it on a sweet note, I look forward to him waking up every morning because he wants to cuddle with me for at least five minutes. He just lays his head on my shoulder and we lay down. Once he is good and woke up, I'd better be getting him some milk though.

This is just the most fun age. He wears me out but right now I'm his everything and he's mine. I'll go back and read this when I'm no longer cool to him and at least remember a time when I was cool.

2 comments:

  1. You are funny Sam! And, Rikki, you will always be a cool mom. I can't imagine Sam being one of those hard headed teenagers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Is it me or is he starting to remind you of his cousin, Gunner? :)
    Miss you guys! Come see us soon! Maybe one of these days I can venture off your way and see the new house!

    ReplyDelete