Saturday, October 11, 2008

Chelsea's Momma For Obama!!!

Okay all you political folks, please put aside your traditional views to go ahead and read this blog. It will be worth it. If you are wondering how I could be excited about this, then imagine who you would think would make the best president, and insert their name where Hillary Clinton is in this story. I'd like you to share in my joy.

Yesterday, Hillary Clinton came to Little Rock for a rally in support of Barack Obama for President. Among famous faces were Blanche Lincoln, Charlie Daniels, Mark Pryor, David Pryor, Vic Snyder, Ted Dansen, and Mary Steenbergen. There was a facebook group created for the event and they sent out a message yesterday encouraging people to make their own signs for the rally. Who am I to disagree?

So a few of us got together and made signs. All morning I was trying to think of a sign I wanted to make. While in the shower (where I do some of my best thinking) I came up with "Chelsea's momma for Obama" since that is the whole point in the rally in the first place. So I ran that through one of the people going. It was a hit. So we made two signs that said that. Then we made a "MCCAIN: The Real Bridge to Nowhere". Then a student brought one that said, "UALR hearts Obama". I believe we had one more sign but I have no idea what it said.

Well... when we get out there and I start to hold my sign, people are constantly asking to take a picture of it. Then Ted Danson and his wife Mary come out and I can see the glee on his face when he reads my sign. Blanche Lincoln comes out to speak and she points to my sign, turns around to Hillary and says, "Haha Chelsea's momma.." Mike Beebe and Hillary are elbowing each other and laughing about it. This made my day.... until....

Hillary Clinton takes the podium. She speaks for a while. Then she says, "I love all these signs you all have made. I think my favorite is this one over here (she points to me) "Chelsea's Mommma for Obama!"

If I would have had a full bladder I would have pee'd myself right there. I was giddy like a school girl on lollipops and pigtails day. Seriously.

So for the record, out of 3,000 people at this rally.... Hillary picked me. I'm her favorite. I rock.

The end. Be happy for me regardless of party affiliations. Because, let's be honest... that was freaking cool.

2 comments:

  1. That is REALLY FREAKING AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rikki, that was pretty cool, regardless of political affiliations. I MISS YOU! Hope all is well! :D -Kristina

    ReplyDelete